Channel 9 has a great video presentation for using InfoPath Forms in the SharePoint 2010
He has about 8 demo’s that he displays and is a very good How-To use the InfoPath 2010 forms web part in the SharePoint.
The Three Main Demos are
- (09:23 mins) Customer/Order Master Detail is on set of Demo’s – use InfoPath Forms and SharePoint List using Web Part connections to send data across
- (27:00 mins) Help Desk is another set of Demo’s – use InfoPath Forms and SharePoint List using Web Part connections to send data across
- (34:27 mins) Shows how to drive calculations in an Excel Workbook using an InfoPath Form and a Mash Up page. Using a Loan Calculator in Excel. Go to Office Online and download the Loan Calculator
- (44:45 mins) Shows how to track Donations for a Microsoft “Giving Campaign”. This uses a Silverlight thermometer and as it fills up with mercury as donations are given. The Chart is showing how much each division is giving. The Give Now button on the InfoPath form collects name, employee number, business group, Donation amount. A workflow is used to update the chart by division.
- (50:00 mins) Shows an Insurance Claims List for all the damage in an area hit by a storm. Mashed four web parts on the page, Customer Claim web part, All claims list, image view, Bing map web part.
- (57:00) Summary